Before you hire a plumbing company, it is important that you ask them questions relevant to the work they will perform. Some thought that asking questions may consume much of their time, but needless to say, asking questions can help you a lot finding success hiring any services, not limited to just plumbing.
Where to ask questions?
There are many platforms and ways to ask plumbing companies questions, some of them are:
- Over the telephone: This can be the most convenient way to raise your concerns as you can get the reply you need immediately without travelling to their office. The downside though is if no one on the other line is available to pick up your call or their representatives are currently speaking with other customers, you have no choice but to wait on queue
- Through email: Although easy, you will not get the answers real time. Email is not the best communication medium when exchanging messages as it may be time consuming, but needless to say, you can send a plumbing company an email if you have questions you want them to answer
- Chat: Some websites of plumbing companies have chatbox available for their visitors to key in their questions. Compared to email, answers are done real time. But, the downside is, you never know if the person on the other line is a robot or a real person
- Go to their office: This is highly recommended especially if you want answers directly from the plumbers themselves and at the same time asses their capabilities. Although some do not want this option as travelling to the plumbing company’s office is not the easiest and most convenient
Questions To Ask A Plumbing Company Before Hiring Them
Moving on, below are question to ask plumbing companies per category:
Asking the experience of the company should be on top of your questionnaire. Some questions you must ask under their experience are:[caption id="attachment_1035" align="aligncenter" width="774"] engineer installing underfloor heating system[/caption]
- Have they worked on the same plumbing issue as yours? There are companies like rørleggerstavanger that work to almost all kinds of plumbing services, but needless to say asking if they have worked to your particular concern is a good way to know whether they can do the job right. Even if how they are providing plumbing services to the community, if they have not worked yet to your plumbing requirement, it may not be best to hire them
- How they hire their employees? It is their plumbers who will work on your plumbing requirements. Hence knowing how they hire plumbers is a good idea. Do they hire based on experience, education, etc. You may also want to ask the training they provide to their employees, particularly their plumbers. Innovation in the plumbing industry is changing and improving every now and then, hence their plumbers must be updated all the time
- How long have they been providing plumbing service? The longer they are providing plumbing services, the more trustworthy they are. The competition in the plumbing industry is tight, hence if they are not providing satisfactory service to their customers, it is every easy for them to be thrown out and eventually closed shop
Timelines is very important especially to plumbing services. Water is very important to everyone, and kitchen and bathroom are places in the house that receive the highest amount of traffic. If plumbing issues are not fixed immediately, it will definitely bring commotion within the household.
This portion is more important to business owners especially that time is very critical to them.
Under timelines, these questions are best to asked:
- Where can they start and finish their work? This is an important question to ask especially that you need to know when to make yourself available. You would not want them to work without your supervision, especially if they are working inside your home. Also, this question can help you know the time to expect your faucet or sink working back again. Make sure though than when you provide timeline or deadline, it is realistic. This is also not to harass them of the time they need to finish the repair, but to set your expectations
- Their working hours: This question is necessary for long time projects or projects that require days or weeks to finish. Sure, they are not expected to work 24 hours a day, 7 days in a week, hence asking for their working hours can help you plan ahead and assign someone from your family or friends to look after the plumbers while they are at work. You are not guarding the plumber because you do not trust them, you are doing this to make sure that everything you want to happen will get materialized.
This is another aspect of their service important for you to ask. Warranty is a big issue for many. Without a good warranty, you might end up wasting money and completely disappointed with the overall plumbing service you will get. Questions under warranty are:
- The warranty coverage. When will their warranty expires? You may also want to ask if they charge fees if you want warranty coverage extended. If so, how much do you need to pay? If the amount is just minimal, it is best if you do so
- Inclusions: What are included on the warranty? Is labor included? How about fixtures? You must know everything included on your warranty
- Possible disqualifications: It is also important that you ask what can make you disqualified to claim for warranty. Do not assume that disqualifications from one plumbing company is the same as the other
- Other fees you need to cover when claiming for warranty: This is another question you must ask. Others charge transportation fee, parts replacement fee and the like
Do not hesitate to ask questions if you have any. Plumbing companies like rørleggerstavanger open their office for questions as they know, customers would not be satisfied unless they know everything what they need to know.
You will never be happy nor satisfied with the plumbing service you will receive unless you ask questions relevant and related to the service you need.